Investor and accelerator news ?
- Wayra’s boss, Mariano Amartino, to leave the company due to discrepancies with Javier Placer (Cesar Alierta’s nephew)
Startup news ?
- Kippel01 looks into Cabify’s financials. The urban transportation company reached €5 million in revenue in Spain in 2015, up from €1.9 million in the previous year
- Sintetia interviewed the founders of biotech startup Neoalgae
Big tech news ?
- From Atresmedia to Real Madrid: who controls digital television in Spain?
- Yahoo’s sale to Verizon could mean problems for the company’s business agreement with Atresmedia in Spain
Interesting reads ?
- Spanish police forces that fight cybercrime complain that they don’t have enough resources and that they don’t receive enough support from their superiors
- Everything that happened last week in the Spanish tech sector, on Novobrief’s newsletter #59