The Kenko Health Startup Accelerator is looking for startups in digital health until February 5 when the selection process begins and before the four-month program kicks off February 26.
Organized and launched through a joint collaboration between Telefónica Open Future, Foundingers Group, and La Fundación Tecnocampus Mataró, the Kenko Health Startup Accelerator will consist of different editions that are adapted to three verticals: Digital Health, Medical Devices, and Biotech.
The first and current edition, Digital Health, enlists startups that have an innovative project with great potential and that can be scalable and invertible. It is focused on startups with an Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and that have a complementary team committed to the project.
This includes startups that can contribute with their technological innovation to improve the following areas:
- Therapeutic adherence
- Control of treatment
- mHealth & Apps
- Big data & analytics
- Remote monitoring
Selected startups receive legal, financial, funding, regulatory, branding and other expert support guided to encourage the growth, maturation and development of the business model.
They will also have access to continuous support from the promoter team, individualized mentorship, training provided by external experts, direct access to investment and full-time free office space in the Health Hub located at the TCM6 building at the Tecnocampus in Barcelona.
The four month program runs from February 26 until June 29 and will include an added two-month post acceleration program, as well as a follow-up during negotiations.
The first Digital Health edition will focus on startups’ working on web-platforms, mHealth, apps, big data and analytics, telemedicine, and remote monitoring.
The Kenko Health Startup Accelerator mentors consist of 13 CEOs, advisors, investors, and managing parners in the industry.
The project selection period will run from February 5 — 16, and from there selected projects will be slated to participate in the Kenko Health Startup Accelerator program.
According to the open call rules, startups will be selected based upon:
- Value proposal: The ability of the project to reach the final public will be assessed. Product / service that identifies a need that is not currently well covered in the market and its marketing model.
- Degree of innovation: Project innovation will be valued when offering a product / service new in the market, clearly differentiated and improved compared to existing solutions or through technological innovation or innovation in the business model.
- Feasibility: It will be appreciated that the cost structure of the project is consistent with the income
expected and the economic-financial profitability of the project. The scalability of the project and its growth potential.
- Market potential: It will be valued that the client segments of the project are identified. The size of the current and potential market of the project and its purchase capacity.
- Interest of the project: Within the sectors of action, those that are directly related to the challenges posed in the Kenko Digital Health Kenko Health Accelerator program published in Open Future.
- Team: The experience and skills and technical and management capacities of the Promoter team and their knowledge of the industry and / or project sector. Also, it will value the involvement, commitment and dedication of the promoter team to the project and the ability and interest to accelerate and mature the project and to make the most of acceleration services offered by Kenko Health Accelerator.