INDESUP! is looking for six startups to join its sports entrepreneurship incubator in Catalonia that runs from May until November.
INDESUP!, the sports entrepreneurship program organized by INDESCAT and the ICEB in Barcelona with the support of ACCIÓ, has opened the call for all startups related to the field of sport who wish to be advised by mentoring experts in entrepreneurship, innovation, and sport.
Six startups will be selected from among all the proposals received and from May to November they will be advised on key aspects such as the definition of their business model, scalability, the organization of teams, and the search for financing.
The mentoring process will be closed with a joint session in which startups will present their projects to companies in the Catalan sports industry.
The selection process is open now and will end on April 20. All interested startups that comply with the program’s requirements can register before April 20 by completing this form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection committee, made up of INDESCAT, ICEB, Netmentora and professionals and entities of the sports and entrepreneur ecosystem industry, will assess the potential of each project and the strength of the business plan, as well as the experience of the entrepreneur team.
The mentoring process is limited to companies established as of January 1, 2016, and this year it has expanded its team of mentors, in which there will be different national and international experts within the field of entrepreneurship and sports.
INDESCAT and the ICEB first launched INDESUP! in 2017, in collaboration with ACCIÓ, with the aim of promoting entrepreneurship in the sports field. In that first edition, more than a hundred sports startups participated, some 70 companies of the sector and a score of investors.
Last year, five startups received investments from 18 investors. The five startups included:
- Athlepic a social e-commerce application through which sports fans can buy items that elite athletes and influencers have previously tagged in their photos.
- BeachBoxGym the first chain of beach gyms in the world. It is about 240 m² spaces where the user can train very close to the water and with the best features.
- Football Aim a tool aimed at clubs, coaches and soccer players that allows registering different parameters related to the game, as well as sharing them with other users.
- SoccerDream a virtual reality software through which players can train in certain aspects related to cognitive football, with decision-making during matches.
- Whitecrow tech a technology that can inflate and deflate the wheels of mountain bikes while they are running. The system facilitates adaptation to different speeds and slopes.
This year’s INDESUP! mentors include:
- Albert Deulofeu (Marca Cardinal)
- August Tarragó (Sintagmia)
- Cristina Fisas (DecoRation)
- Federico Diato (Macsha)
- Hector Cruz (Cl. Athletic Barceloneta)
- Jordi Viñas (ITIK)
- Josep Maria Valero (BLE)
- Mounir Zok (US Olympic Committee)
- Oriol Vinzia (Gymforless)
- Pere Munar (Bioibérica)
- Sergio Balcells (Job Today)
- Xavi Cortadellas (Gatorade)
- Yolanda Tarango (Bcn Mentoring)