Spanish Startup Ecosystem News in English
Startup funding news ?
- Parclick raised €2 million from Capitana Venture Partners, Athos Capital and Inveready
- eSports startup GamersWalk raised €600,000
Accelerator and investor news ?
- Bloomium is a new €1.2 million investment vehicle that aims to back 12 companies in the next few months
Startup news ?
- Mobile advertising startup Billy Mobile is being investigated by authorities for fraud
Big tech news ?
- Inditex opened Zara’s latest flagship store in Madrid, which combines interesting new digital technologies and a 3,000 square meter basement warehouse to serve online customers
- Telefonica to disconnect ‘TU’ and combine it with Tuenti. TU was one of Telefonica’s initiatives to compete with Skype
- BBVA’s president Francisco González says they want to become the Amazon of the banking industry
- Microsoft to hire Wayra’s former boss Mariano Amartino to lead its startup efforts in Latam
- Amazon to open its fourth logistics centre in Catalunya. The company leads the Spanish ranking of e-commerce companies, with more than €800 million in sales
Interesting reads ?
- ISDI published a report analysing the food tech industry